Boostar began to take shape after Algie worked on a DVD project with The Enid:
‘I enjoyed working with The Enid on their live DVD. The project had a scope that far exceeded its budget and presented many challenges. Working in Soho post production I have seen every corner cut, every false economy, and everything that you cannot fix in post. Getting involved at the production end gives me a chance to head this foolishness off at the pass. I had, and still have, a real drive to help The Enid and I am sure Boostar can help a lot of other bands produce high quality merchandise on a budget.’
We believe you get what you pay for so all crew are properly paid broadcast professionals. Shoot it properly and everything else becomes easier, quicker and therefore cheaper. For Boostar, ‘Acquisition is King!’.
The services we offer include:
- Multi camera shoots with video gallery, talkback and live direction
- Post production – editing, grading and mastering in HD
- Graphic design and motion graphics
- Featurette, interview and documentary direction and production
- Sound design and music production
- Record label – coming soon
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Algie Gray – Boostar Founder BA
BA (Hons) Media Arts, A.M. Inst. V, Avid ACSR.
Algie Gray has worked in film and television since 1999 when he graduated from Royal Holloway. Initially a freelance videographer he worked on projects with the Big Issue and Nehru Theatre. In 2001 he joined The Picture Production Company in Soho as an Avid engineer and began to work his way towards Senior Engineer at Azimuth Post Production. He has also worked for VET, authoring DVDs and teaching encoding techniques. Algie is an Associate Member of the Institute of Videographers and an Avid certified editor and engineer.
Recent projects include:
- Babal Bread & Circuses (2014) Camera, Editor, DVD Author.
- Offline and online editor and DVD author for Live at Town Hall, Birmingham (2010)
- Co-producer and video gallery for Pallas, Live at Loreley (2011)